Dream.....Do...Act...... and Achieve!

With God on my side I have nothing to loose, only things to gain.

zondag 2 maart 2008

An amazing story






















This morning I went to church...
For me not a comment thing to do, cuz I use to go to the eveningservices, but I wanted to check out this church in Amsterdam, and they dont do eveningservices....so I had to get up earlier and skate my way trough Amsterdam.

I wanted to share this story with you, the speaker told us, when he tried to explain gods justice and righteousnesse to us. Its a differcult topic.
T
he theme of the service was "God as a judge".
This is a treu story.......

A few years a go, in China, there were to brothers. One of them, the youngest, had a wild life and was drunk a lot. He went out every night, didnt have a job, stole money from people, and hung out in the streets....bad guy, you get the idea!
One night he got into a fight and killed the guy that he was fighting. He stabbed the man with a knife. Kicked him in the face and he went back home.
Still drunk he did realize what he just did, and when he took a look at his white tshirt he realized it was soked with blood, from the guy he just killed......
Than he heard the policesirence coming closer and closer... He took his tshirt of and hid it under the couch, slipped trough the back door and left...
His older brother who was sleeping in another room heard his younger brother stumble, and crieing in the livingroom, fallowed by the slamming backdoor.
He went in to the livingroom, and notesed the bloody tshirt hidden under the couch.
He heard the policesirence, now infront of their house.
It only took him a second to realize what happend...

He reached down to pick up his younger brothers tshirt and dressed him self in it. The smell was terrible.
As the police came in he lifted his hands above his head, and told the police he killed the guy, and that he was the man that they were looking for.

The older brother happend to be a christian, and took the guild that his younger brother should have had. The older brother got the deathpanelty and died for something he didnt do. But he saved his younger brother from guild.

After a few years the younger brother got some comment sence and became a christian. He realized what his older brother did for him, but feld so guilty. He could nt bare it and went to the police, after he shared the story with them, and they looked it up in the system, cuz it happend years before, they didnt know what to do.
"I killed this men", the younger brother told them, "You should punish me"...my older brother was innocent.
But the police told him to leave;"there has been a crime and someone allready has been punished for that. We cant punish you anymore. Its done. Its a done case....
The younger brother was a FREE MAN. His brother took his punishment for him, so he could live a free life!!!

Do you see the simularities??
That is what jesus did for us.
Its not an easy thing to accept, to be honest, I think I keep fighting the idea that someone else loves me somuch that he wants to be with me no mather what, and to make that happen, he lets his only son carry my sins and die for me. Who the hack would do such a thing. Its not logic is it??
I realised this morning that there is only one way to deal with this truth...by just excepting it.

Something else that really hit me was the different way of looking at jesus this morning. The speaker challenged us to see Jesus as a GUILTY man when he hung at the cross. He was far, far away from God. Thats what sin does to us....
The speaker sayd; when God looked down upon his only Son, he saw a sinfull man, and he was, cus He (Jesus) carried all our sins at the cross!
Good thing He raise from the death.
Our since are allready punished...by Jesus....God doesnt punish you again.....

This doesnt meen ofcouse when you kill someone, its ok....and you can just walk away from it.....
there are consequences when you do sertent things here on earth.

So I guess you can live your life, thinking, "my since are paid for so why would I care....I dont, Ill just live my life and see what happens when I die...whatever...."
Or you can accept, wich I think is way harder, that Jesus ones did die and took our sinse with Him..........by His blood we are clean......so we can live a pure life with God.

Wich one will it be?





0 reacties:

Een reactie posten

Aanmelden bij Reacties posten [Atom]

<< Homepage